2007年11月14日水曜日

Homework 1

1. Reflecting about today's class:Today we discussed the Japanese concept of "wrapping". Do you agree with the web site's description?What do you do that can be called "wrapping"? Give examples and reasons for your actions.

I agree with web site. we can call "Honnne to Tatemae". For example, I get a souvenir from neighborhood. But I don't like sweets. American or English people may say that they don't like sweet. But, Japanese don't say that. Because, Japanese is a race that they can't say honesty.


2. Preparation for the next class "Death and Funerals"
a. Where do you go when you die?

I think they go to their favorite places. Some paopale say that they go to heaven. But, I don't think so. Their favorite palace is better than heaven.

b. Explain why do Japanese have death memorial services 1 month, 1 year, 3 years, 7 years, etc. after a person's death?

I think this custom is to remember a dead pearson forever.

1 件のコメント:

HJU Teacher さんのコメント...

I ask questions so you can research for the answer. I think really is not a good answer, ask someone or research it on the internet.