2007年11月15日木曜日

Homework 2

1.Death and Funerals:

a. Do you have any international friends or a host family? If so, how would you express your condolences to them if a family member died? If not, then how would you express consolences to an American host family if their Grandmother died?



I have an English host family. They consider that death is private. So, the funeral service is hold by a few relative. If a close friend die, his or her friends don't go to there. Consolences's feel is expressed by a bunch of flowers.



b. Have you ever been to a foreign funeral?

No, I haven't. But, I'm interested in it.





2. The language of Clothes (preparation for next weeks topic):

a.Why are Japanese designer label crazy? Why is what you wear so important?



I think Japanese designer doesn't know mean about the words. They have more to learn. Them sence is great but they have to learn about English words.
I choose clothes which is no label. Becouse, If I mistake mean the words, I'm ashamed.





b.What does “Don’t judge a book by it’s cover.” mean to you?


It is "Hito wo Mikakede Handansuruna". We tend to look can be deceiving. For example, you find an interesting books and you buy it. But it is not interesting. So, we can't judge.

3 件のコメント:

Rinhan さんのコメント...

I agree HW2 number2 comments!
A designer alone doesn't know an English word. Occasionally, there is a person who wears "Message T-shirt" without understanding the meaning. It is shameful and that wants to take care.

HJU Teacher さんのコメント...

Very good comments. About funerals, usually the more people that go to a funeral the more popular they are. Friends always go to funerals in America. Business usually has nothing to do with them.

imyu さんのコメント...

I also think that
Japanese designer
don't know the meaning
of word. In America,
my friend weared a
T-shirt with so crazy
word. I was ashamed
a little as same Japanes.

Designer should think
and know the meaning.